IUBio

Random Expression cDNA library

Wilson netson at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 16:48:28 EST 1999

Dear all,
I will construct random expression cDNA library from a viral genome (RNA and
the size is about 12.3kb).  As this is a first time for me to perform the
experiment, I would like to seek advice from the experienced expert that
have performed the construction before.
My strategy is to purify viral RNA first, then reverse transcribe to
first-stranded cDNA by random hexamer.  The next step is second-stranded
synthesis. What is the effective (or best) way to perform the synthesis for
further cloning into expression plasmid vector?

Thank you very much

Wilson