GCG re-numbering sequence from -3000 to +500 ?

Mike Gardner Mike.Gardner at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 08:38:38 EST 1999

I'm looking at the upstream sequence of my favourite gene using GCG v9.
I'd like to re-number the sequence from eg -3000 to +500 instead of
simply 0 to 3500.
(I can get GCG to use a new Beginning & Ending for my sequence but that
just selects  a subset of the sequence). If I can get it to re-number
then all my maps & alignments numbering will refer to something a little
more sensible!

My question: anyone know how to do this ??
or can you recommend another program that would do this ?

many thanks,
Mike Gardner
--
Dr Mike Gardner
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK.