Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at
Thu May 20 21:40:31 EST 1999

In article <3744844D.167E at>, Mark Bowen
<mb at> wrote:

> Does anyone have a good system for PAGE in detegents other than SDS.  I
> want to look at 'native' interactions between solublized membrane
> proteins.  I was thinking about using milder, non-ionic detergents like
> bOG, Thesit, Trition etc.

Conisider looking at some IEF protocols.  I've seen at least
one (a good while ago) where CHAPS was incorporated in the
gel and allowed purification of native protein.  I can't give
you any specific tips but this may help you in your searches.
Bernard P. Murray, PhD