FIX-II Phage library construction - Low yield ! Why ?

Frederik Boernke boernke at
Tue Nov 2 16:17:19 EST 1999

dboehm wrote:

unfortunately I don't have the solution for your particular problem
but I experienced one thing when using Stratagene's library construction
kits: In my hand it was absolutely crucial to use Stratagene's ligase to
get satisfactory results. When I used Boehringer's ligase to construct
a genomic library into ZAP-Express it didn't work at all, when I
to Stratagene's ligase, which didn't come with the kit, everything was
perfect no matter what insert to vector ratio I used.
Hope this helps

Frederik Boernke
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben