5' RACE looking for a generic protocol

Karthik Aghoram kaghoram at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Tue Nov 2 13:28:33 EST 1999

I used GIBCO's kit (I solemnly affirm that I am not affiliated to them)
with good success on guard-cell material. The key, of course, is in primer
design.  You can find their protocol on www.lifetech.com.  Others have
reported success with Clontech, but it did nothing in my hands.

Good luck.
Mahaanole

Vellanoweth's Lab (ddeloss at calstatela.edu) wrote:

: --------------6ED4F9BA10B4FDE15B5E4F4F

: I'm looking for a generic (i.e. not a kit) protocol for 5' RACE (for
: plant materials).  If anyone can point me in the direction of one I'd
: appreciate it.  Thanks.

: Janel Laidman
: Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
: California State University, Los Angeles

: email jwheele at calstatela.edu

: --------------6ED4F9BA10B4FDE15B5E4F4F

: <HTML>
: I'm looking for a generic (i.e. <U>not</U> a kit) protocol for 5' RACE
: (for plant materials).&nbsp; If anyone can point me in the direction of
: one I'd appreciate it.&nbsp; Thanks.

: <P>Janel Laidman
: <BR>Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
: <BR>California State University, Los Angeles

: <P>email jwheele at calstatela.edu</HTML>

: --------------6ED4F9BA10B4FDE15B5E4F4F--