Reporter for macrophage (J774) transfection

C Coward cc122 at
Wed Nov 3 10:57:30 EST 1999

I am investigating the ability of a novel compound to act as a
transfection aid for a macrophage cell line (J774A). Previously I have
observed that the pSV-b-gal plasmid (Promega) poorly expresses b-gal in
this cell line (or poorly transfects it). I am looking for a reporter
plasmid suitable for use in J774, preferably with a straightforward assay
method for the degree of transfection. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

Dr. Chris Coward                       | Tel: +44 1223 333545
University of Cambridge                | Fax: +44 1223 766145
Department of Pathology                | E-mail: cc122 at
Tennis Court Road, Cambridge.          |
CB2 1QP                                |
England                                |