GeneAmp Gold RNA PCR kit

katherine elliot katherine.elliot at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 05:39:20 EST 1999

Help!!!!!!!!!!
We are trying to do RT-PCRs on RNA from oilseed rape pods - with little
success!!
The RNA/primers have been used previously with the Promega RT-PCR kit
and this seemed to work ok!
However, we recently bought a GeneAmp Gold RNA PCR Kit - and so far,
despite trying different Mg, primer, RNA concs.... etc, I'm only getting
a very low amplification of product! This is strange - I don't think it
can be the primers/RNA as thay have worked before!!
Has anyone got any suggestions as to why we're getting such a low
product????
And how we can improve things!
Any help will be gratefully recieved!!
Thanks alot,