GC melt

ssands at my-deja.com ssands at my-deja.com
Thu Nov 4 11:00:14 EST 1999

In the article from The Scientist the author says
that one should not put a string of G or C bases at
the 3' end of a PCR primer because they could cause
nonspecific amplification products.  I had heard
that I _should_ do exactly this to get a GC-clamp.

Does anyone have any insight into this apparent
incongruence?

In article <7v9kfe$r6p$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  T. Zhang <t_zhang at my-deja.com> wrote:
> The Scientist published this: