Acid soluble Collagen 1 as standard for Western?

Helen Haase h.haase at MAILBOX.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Nov 5 01:54:52 EST 1999

I am trying to establish a Western for Collagen 1.  In order to optimise
antibody concentrations in the detection step, I used acid soluble
collagen 1 from Sigma as standard which I dot blotted onto the
membrane.  However I got no signal from 1 ug!  Has anyone had experience
in using this reagent in a procedure involving antibody recognition?

I know Gibco produces a collagen 1 which is suitable, but also much more
expensive....

Thanks, Helen