PAGE gels with riboflavin/UV question

KIM dkim at hector.NMSU.Edu
Fri Nov 5 09:27:06 EST 1999

The OpenGene sequencing system from Visible Genetics uses a UV-activated
crosslinking method.  Their gels are poured into a cassette, then popped
into a device called the "Gel Toaster".

I would buy one just to have that name!

Daniel Kim

p.s.  Gels are toasted in about 30 seconds or something like that.

Dave Parcej <parcej at nospam.de> wrote:
: In article <01bf2778$a66a3400$2a0366ce at default>, "Lance Hopman"
: <lhopman at acrymed.com> wrote:

:> Hello,
:> I'm looking for alternative methods of catalyzing gels for PAGE, other than
:> the persulfate methods.  I've heard about riboflavin UV, does anyone have
:> methods for this or any alternatives?

: No, but I think the riboflavin/UV method is described in "Electrophoresis:
: a Practucal approach" by Hames and Rickwood
: Cheers
: Dave

:> Thanks,
:> Lance Hopman