Northern

Tina Bianco tbianco at medicine.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Nov 9 00:11:02 EST 1999

I'm about to embark on Northern analysis and those before me in the lab
have used 32P but I want to use a non-radioactive technique. I was interested
in using the DIG RNA labelling kit to generate my non-radioactive RNA probe but
I have heard that these RNA probes are hard to strip therefore making it
difficult
to reuse the membrane. I would really love to reuse the membrane. Has anyone
tried Ambion's Strip EZ for stripping Northern's. Can this be used with the DIG
RNA labelling kit or do you have to use it with their (Ambion's)
non-radioactive
labelling kit?
Thanks in advance
Tina