TA cloning kit

Dr. med. Franz F. Wagner fwagner at medizin.uni-ulm.de
Tue Nov 9 11:36:50 EST 1999

For several years, we used the Amersham pMosBlue T-vector kit for TA
cloning. It was very satisfying with normal Taq and with Boehringer
high-fidelity PCR system. Now I had to learn that Amersham do no more
produce this kit and instead sell a blunt-end cloning kit that they claim to
be even superior.

My questions:
Is this blunt-end pMosBlue PCR cloning kit really comparable or even better
to the pMosBlue T-vector kit (my insert size is about 500 to 5,000 bp)?
Are there other companies selling _good_ T-vector kits?

I would be happy for any recommendations based on personal experience.

I thank you very much in advance