DNA sequence analysis packages

Dr T.S. Pillay tpillay at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 04:59:34 EST 1999

Hi, All

I would like comments on the DNA sequence analysis packages available for
the Windows 95/98/NT.
I am a Mac devotee who recently switched to PC since my institution won't
support the Mac (silly really) but there you have it. (still love my Mac
though)
I have been playing around with Omiga & DNAsis and Vector NTI. There are
all pretty fiddly to use but I would like to have DNA analysis software
running on Windows.
Does anyone know of a recent reviews on these?
Omiga was supposed to have been voted the best package (don't know why?) by
some reviewers  as claimed by the company (would like the source of the
article).
Thanks