DNA sequence analysis packages

John R. McQuiston zje8 at cdc.gov
Thu Nov 11 08:09:20 EST 1999

I personally like DNAstar's Lasergene 99.  It has alot of very nice new
features including downloading directly from NCBI into any of the modules.
Also for sequencing people you can take the curve files directly off the
sequencer and use (and view) them in DNAstar.  Their primer design program is
the best I've seen.  I've used this in both Mac and Win environments and
haven't seen any difference.

John

CDC Atlanta

In article <3.0.6.32.19991111095222.008c9990 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>,