Removal of DNase1

Gary Paterson g.paterson at bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 08:05:57 EST 1999

I need high quality RNA for macroarray analysis and so (unfortunately) A
DNase1 step is essential to remove contaminating genomic DNA.  Heat
inactivation degrades the quality of the RNA and I'd rather not phenol
extract bacause my starting tissue samples are very small and I need all
the RNA I can get.  Up till now, I've been using the Qiagen RNeasy kit
in conjunction with  a ribolyser which gives me good quality total RNA
(+ some genomic) followed by DNase treatment, heat inactivation, then
ethanol precipitation.  I'd appreciate it if someone could give me
alternatives.

Thanks
Gary