Luciferase Assays-Make Your Own Kit?

Clifton Hall cfhall at lamar.colostate.edu
Thu Nov 11 11:46:23 EST 1999

	I noticed there was a thread here recently about making
your own passive lysis buffer for luciferase assays.  We
have four people in the lab performing luciferase assays,
and were considering making our own reagents.  Has anyone
else tried this, and did you have good results?  I don't
imagine we're the only ones to think of this, and I have the
feeling that if it were easy to do, I would know of labs
that make their own reagents.  Any help you could provide
would be appreciated.