Explanation needed please

UIC Network Services Kit User karthi at CCVAX.SINICA.EDU.TW
Thu Nov 11 13:34:05 EST 1999

Dear netters;
I am working on a dentin speific promoter. Recently I have done primer
extension to map the transcription start site for this gene. I found 2
bands on the autoradiogram with a spacing of 80 bp. However, one of the
band was much stronger than the other. I would like to request for an
explanation from anyone who can explain to me some of the importance of
the presence of two start sites of one being stronger. The expt was
carried out RNA prepared from cell line.
Thank you for your time.
sincerely

Narayanan Karthikeyan Ph.D.,
College of Dentistry,