micrococcal nuclease

Frank O. Fackelmayer Frank.Fackelmayer at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Nov 15 10:14:57 EST 1999

Hi all,
We use micrococcal nuclease to solubilize chromatin proteins from nuclei
of human cells. A problem we now encountered is that the nuclease of at
least two major suppliers are contaminated with protease that degrade
our proteins on the fly. Does anyone out there know of a good source of
MNase that has NO protease contamination? Unfortunately, checking for
protease activity is not part of the quality control procedures of the
two major suppliers we have problems with (Boehringer Mannheim,
Pharmacia).
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Frank