Difficulties in expression of protein in E. coli

Petri Kursula pkursula at sun3.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 16 03:31:41 EST 1999

At least with the pGEX series of vectors this may happen if you don't make
a fresh transformation. Someone probably remembers the reason for this,
too ;-)

On 15 Nov 1999, sudhanshu vrati wrote:

> We are using a T7 promoter based expression vector in BL21 cells for
> expressing a viral protein.  The protein was successfully expressed,
> purified and sequenced to find it was the correct one.  But now the same
> vector in same cells refuses to make the desired protein.  Any clues ?
>

> Sudhanshu

Petri Kursula           "I am somehow less interested in the weight and
University of Oulu    convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near
Petri.Kursula at oulu.fi  certainty that people of equal talent have lived
http://start.at/MAG          and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
http://cc.oulu.fi/~pkursula                        -- Stephen Jay Gould