Difficulties in expression of protein in E. coli

studer studer at okstate.edu
Tue Nov 16 12:24:18 EST 1999

To my knowledge protein toxicity in the cell can cause the cell to excrete
the plasmid.  It is just a natural reaction to something that is killing
you.  The cells can be somewhat stable if they are make into frozen stock
and kept at -80C but some vectors (I have read) will even then exclude the
plasmid.  How are you storing the cells and have you tried to retransform
the plasmid.