Sequencing

Jarmo Schrader Jarmo.Schrader.removethis at genfys.slu.se
Wed Nov 17 02:42:36 EST 1999

In article <199911161654.JAA80566 at nestor.NMSU.Edu>, hroychow at NMSU.EDU
("Hiranya S. Roychowdhury") wrote:

> Yes, one can design internal primers from whatever sequence one obtains in
> the first go and continue sequencing from those. However, I consider this
> strategy a terrible waste of money since, in most cases, those nested
> primers are never used again once the sequencing is done.

I don't know what you pay for your primers, but the only other option
seems to be subcloning of parts of the gene and when you calculate the
cost for the work and reagents, enzymes needed to do that, and the time
spent, bying primers is not so much of a waste.
And I am surprised how often my old sequencing primers come handy when I
have to do some control PCR or something else with my gene.

Jarmo

--
Jarmo Schrader     Umea, Sweden

Before replying to my e-mail delete 'removethis.' from the address!