STORM, Northern, chemiluminescent oligos

WSchick at AOL.COM WSchick at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 17 07:03:33 EST 1999

In a message dated 11/16/1999 8:49:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
boss at Anatomy59.anatomy.bms.qmw.ac.uk writes:

>  However, there seems to be drive
>  towards nonisotopic methods in some places, and a suggestion was made to
try
>  nonisotopically labelled oligos on Northern blots using STORM system.
>  I am looking for any data other than manufacturer's. Personal experience
>  would be interesting too.

Ambion at www.ambion.com has BrightStar BioDetect kits based on CDPstar
chemistries for their RNA Kits.  They have lots of chemiluminescence
comparisons with 32P autorads. For images, you might try their
techserv at ambion.com

Among the new ChemiLuminescence Imagers that compare to film sensitivies and
speeds are the Alphainnotech FluoChem (www.alphainnotech.com) and the FUJI
LAS1000 (I can only find the australian web site
http://www.berthold.com.au/imaging_pages/LAS-1000.html)

I know that these systems have reference sites you can contact in the UK, and
even get demos to run your RNA blots side by side with film. For
chemiluminescence, these will be better than STORM results.

Walt Schick
BioSepCo