Maxam-Gilbert Who?!

Eric Chace Olivares olivares at leland.Stanford.EDU
Wed Nov 17 08:40:31 EST 1999

R. John Lye (rjl6n at Virginia.edu) wrote:
: Jens Tornoe wrote:
: >
: > How come you do not use Sanger sequencing?
:
: Eric was asking about doing footprinting, not sequencing.

Not to step between you two...but I'm sort of looking for advice on both.
As I said in my previous post, I'm looking for the easiest way to generate
a sequencing ladder that can act as a marker lane for my footprinting
assay.  For example, when I'm looking a region of the footprinting lane
that appears to be protected by my protein, I'd like to look over to the
sequencing ladder for confirmation of exactly what bases are protected.

This is VERY straightforward if you use M-G sequencing, but if anyone can
straighten me out about the primer design needed to achieve this result
with dideoxy sequencing, I would much rather do that.

Thanks again,
-=Eric=-

--
Eric C. Olivares