Multiple in vitro mutagenesis reactions

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 11:26:39 EST 1999

In article <3832AF93.37B1A3C9 at pitt.edu>, Rich Dudley <rdudley+ at pitt.edu>
writes
> If you can afford it, have your primers
>synthesized with 5' phosphates--we found that to be many orders of magnitude
>more efficient.

I take it that was compared to kinased oligos? Synthesis with
5'phosphate appears darned expensive i.e. APB will do a 30nmole, 30mer
synthesis for UKP 13.50 or 50nmole (on special offer) for UKP 15.00. But
addition of 5' phosphate is UKP30 on top for the 50nmole and they won't
do it at all on the 30nmole scale. Kind of triples the cost, all for the
pM of oligo needed!

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark