Coomassie staining of proteins on PVDF

Achim Recktenwald, PhD ARecktenwald at StressGen.com
Thu Nov 18 18:28:43 EST 1999

Torsten,

Is your protein perhaps very acidic, at least on the surface? Or does it
have a very hydrophobic patch that would bind to the hydrophobic membrane
and a very acidic patch exposed to the Coomassie solution?

Coomassie binds only to basic and hydrophobic residues.

Cheers,

Achim

news:3833CB4F.1A549E22 at erfurt.thur.de...