Drug-induced necrosis

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Fri Nov 19 18:12:37 EST 1999

I thought this was going to be an easy one to find in medline, but boy was
I wrong.

I want to induce necrotic cell death in several lines of cultured cells.
I want this to be all necrosis, all the time; no apoptosis sneaking in
here.  And I want it to be a well-known protocol, so that we don't have to
spend a lot of time justifying the system and running all the various
controls to prove it's pure necrosis.

But when I try to do searches, all I can find is people saying things
like, "unlike necrotic cell death, Drug X induced apoptosis ... "

I guess no one cares about boring old necrosis, but surely someone must
have done a control some time.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Ian