PEI precipitation protocol

Larry lca1 at cornell.edu
Sun Nov 21 14:06:06 EST 1999

=F0 Hello all,
=F0
=F0 I recently began to produce recombinant Taq-polymerase and the first
=F0 problem I have reached is purification of enzyme of DNA traces. Does
=F0 somebody know the protocol of DNA precipitation with polyethyleneimine
=F0 (Polymine P)?

>of (I think) DNA topoisomerase from wheat germ; Gegenheimer, Meth Enz 182
>[42].

I'm a grad student in Dick's lab and would be happy to assist anyone
with PEI ppt questions.  The reference to which to speak of for purification
of RNAP is:

Burgess and Jendrisak.  1975  Biochemistry 14(21):4624-8

Larry Anthony
University of Wisconsin-Madison