Help with hsp70 promoter in CHO cells

G. Kucera gtk10583 at glaxowellcome.com
Mon Nov 22 13:17:34 EST 1999

Anyone have any experience in using the human heat shock 70 protein
promoter in CHO cells?  I'm  trying to express gfp using the hsp70
promoter obtained from Stressgen.  One day following electroporation of
the plasmid I heat-shock the cells at 42C anywhere between 15 minutes to
3 hr..  Cells are then incubated at 37C overnight to recover.  I have
not yet seen any induction as evident in fluorescence.  I have also used
this promoter driving b-gal with no luck.   Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks,
Gary