RT-PCR

Jeff Fairman jc_ag at sprynet.com
Tue Nov 23 11:19:17 EST 1999

Most RT reactions will work in a standard PCR buffer, but not all.  We use a
custom master mix with Taqman buffer A (see Sept. BioTechniques for details)
and have no problem using MuMLV in a Taqman one mixture qRT-PCR.  This same
reaction seems to have trouble with the PE Universal master mix.

You might try using a Taq gold or the antibody to inactivate Taq at low
temperatures if you are getting extra bands.

Jeff Fairman

Jeff Fairman, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Pharmacogenomics Research
Clingenix, Inc.
871 Industrial Road, Suite J
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 598-7645 (office)