separating copperbinding substances from plant extract

Achim Recktenwald, PhD ARecktenwald at StressGen.com
Tue Nov 23 18:38:02 EST 1999

Buy 'Chelating Sepharose' (Pharmacia) or a similar resin from another
suppliers, load it with copper ions and run your extract over it. Compounds,
esp. proteins, that are capable of chelating copper should bind.

Search the literature with the keyword IMAC (=iminodiacetic acid).

Cheers,

Achim

news:383AA6C3.9079D6ED at excite.com...