Taq polymerase trivia

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 04:20:44 EST 1999

In article <tchappell-2411990047050001 at sdts11-124.znet.net>, tom
chappell <tchappell at znet.com> writes
>Pfu adds to the ends also, it is just very good at taking it back off
>again when it realizes it has made a mistake.
>
>Whether or not you see it on the end of the DNA product is due to relative
>rates of pol activity vs. proof-reading activity.

Have you a reference on this? I just don't recall any info. from the
manufacturers and/or suppliers of the 3'-5' exo minus derivatives that
they add 3' single base overhangs.

Has anyone noticed single 3' overhangs when using the exo minus
derivatives i.e. Vent (exo-) or Deep Vent (exo-)?  By noticed I mean
proof as in sequencing, not just that they have managed to ligate such a
product into a TA vector.

Duncan

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark