Ethidium Bromide in aequous phase ?

CSC un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 25 08:44:13 EST 1999

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Roland Hübner wrote:

> > If it evaporates, what is the concentration
> > then in the vapour, is it measureable?
> > The aim of all this questions is to make a decicison,
> > if we should pour our agarose gels with ethidium
> > bromide in the hood or not.

Sure you should. EALARP is the magic word. Stands for "Exposure As Low As
Reasonably Possible". It is no big deal to poor a gel in the hood, so why
not DO it ?

Kind regards,

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD
 - Genius -         German Cancer Research Center DKFZ           European
 The German         Dept. Molecular Biophysics (H0200)               Data
 EMBnet             INF 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany           Resource
 node               phone ++49 6221-4223-42    fax -33              (EDR)
* The Biocomputing Service Group:      http://genome.dkfz-heidelberg.de *