BL21(DE3) problems

Andy Scotter pcxajs at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 26 10:25:46 EST 1999

	Hello there, hiopefully someone out there can help me out...

	We have just cloned a small insert (145bp) into pET42 and
transformed BL21(DE3) cells with it.  They grow fine on plates containing
LB, 1% Glucose and 15micrograms/ml Kanamycin LBGK), with a reasonable
transformation efficiency.  However, I can't get a liquid culture growing
using LBGK.  I've tried 2.5ml, 5ml and 10ml cultures in Universals  (i.e.
plenty of air) and I'm incubating the culture at 37 degrees centigrade.
	Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance....

Andy

Andy Scotter