Best plasmid preps for Big-Dye sequencing

Student mucineer at iname.com
Sat Nov 27 05:37:07 EST 1999

Can anyone recommend which is the best plasmid miniprep kit for the Big-Dye
Sequencing reaction? I would prefer kits that provide eluted plasmid which
can go straight into sequencing without performing EtOH pptn first. I 've
tried Hybaid (not so good), Invitrogen SNAP (a bit better but still not
ideal) so far but they haven't been too satisfactory and a lot of low
signals (when I am lucky) or no signals (most of the time) at all!

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Benny.