Transfection reagents

Benny Lo benny at holmes.cancres.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 18:14:48 EST 1999

Dear All

I 've been trying to transfect some COS-7 cell lines with an expression
vector containing the protein of interest. I've tried using electroporation
but has had no luck. Besides electroporation, I 've also tried using
SuperFect from Qiagen. Does anyone have any more experience with
transfection reagents as to which is the best, bearing in mind that my goal
is to produce proteins from COS-7 cells (and subsequently CHO cells) for
purification so the possibility of scaling up is preferable.

Any advice will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Rgds
Benny.