Cloning problems-Help!!

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at
Tue Nov 30 05:15:38 EST 1999

In article <3841655C.A7E7D861 at>, zimprich
<zimprich at> writes
>    In the last few months, i have a very big cloning problem,.
>    I try to get a AOC1 (5´overhang CC!TGAGG), ECO R1 (also 5´overhang
>    G!AATTC) fragment into a  vector also cut with AOC1, ECO R1.  It
>    sounds quite easy, but it is a nightmare.

Aoc I recognition site is really CCTNAGG. Are you sure you have the same
subsequence CCTGAGG both in the insert and vector and not say CCTGAGG in
one and CCTTAGG or whatever in the other? Have you tried any other iso.
of Aoc I i.e. Bsu36 I etc.?

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.