Sequencing

Andy Peplow peplow at tamu.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:30:59 EST 1999

To sequence plasmids with large inserts, we use the Erase-A-Base kit
(Promega) to generate collections of nested deletions.  Starting with
parent plasmid, I can generate all my deletion clones in a day.  The
only thing that takes a little more time is screening colonies for the
desired size.  Like others have said, it prevents us from buying primers
we may only use once.  The drawback is that you would have to do twice
the amount of work to sequence the opposite strand.

Andy Peplow
Texas A&M
peplow at tamu.edu