Cutting phage DNA

vivanova at my-deja.com vivanova at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 30 13:39:31 EST 1999

I am screening a gemomic library, and have identified several promising
bacteriophage clones.  I am able to isolate a lot of phage DNA, but I am
unable to cut the DNA with restriction enzymes.  Has anyone EVER
experienced anything like this?  I have tried CsCl gradients and
dialysing, but there is a glob of white stuff that is following the DNA.
 It has been suggested to me that it is agarose.  If you think this is
the problem, what brand of agarose do you use to plate the bacteriophage
clones.  IF you have any other ideas as to what the problem might be, I
would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.
Angela

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/