Cutting phage DNA

vivanova at my-deja.com vivanova at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 30 18:24:41 EST 1999

I am screening a gemomic library, and have identified several promising
                 bacteriophage clones.  I am able to isolate a lot of
phage DNA, but I am
                 unable to cut the DNA with restriction enzymes.  Has
anyone EVER
                 experienced anything like this?  I have tried CsCl
gradients and
                 dialysing, but there is a glob of white stuff that is
following the DNA.
                  It has been suggested to me that it is agarose.  If
you think this is
                 the problem, what brand of agarose do you use to plate
the bacteriophage
                 clones.  IF you have any other ideas as to what the
problem might be, I
                 would appreciate any suggestions.

                 Thank you.
                 Angela