Differential display

Maria Laura Federico mlfederico at STUDENTS.WISC.EDU
Sun Oct 3 23:16:55 EST 1999

Hi all,

We have been performing differential displays in our lab and we have
been facing some problems. Hope someone can help us out in this matter.
1) We have been obtaining similar patterns in the G and C lanes (not due
to primer contamination!).
2) The T lanes show smears although we can see a few bands.

The primer annealing temperature we have been using is 42 C.  Has
anybody faced any of these problems before? Thanks in advance for your
help.

Maria Laura Federico
Department of Agronomy
University of Wisconsin-Madison