RNAse Problems

John Thompson jrt at home.com
Tue Oct 5 19:15:32 EST 1999

Floating out of the well is indeed usually a symptom of residual EtOH.
But probably unrelated to your RNAse problem.  Consider that RNAse A
alone is generally not sufficient to reduce your RNA completely to
NTs.  Some short oligos will remain. Try adding a dash of RNAse T1 to
the mix.  I agree the possibility that it might be DNA is plausible
too.

Yours,
John Thompson
Merck & Co.