Quick/Express/Easy/Etc Hybridization buffers?

Frederik Boernke boernke at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de
Thu Oct 7 18:40:00 EST 1999

John Dixon wrote:

> Hi All, can anyone give me any tips as to the true efficacy of all
> these fancy hybridization buffers being advertised recently. Ambion had
> an advert in Nature last week showing a northern hybed in "standard"
> buffer and the same blot using their buffer, showing a massive increase
> in signal.
>
> Are any really as good as they say they are? Thanks for any info or
> recommendations.
>
> Cheers
>
> John
>
> --
> John Dixon                    Lab 44 (1223) 334131
> Wellcome/CRC Institute        Fax 44 (1223) 334089
> Cambridge University
> United Kingdom CB2 1QR       e-m: jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk

I am also interested. I phoned Ambion this mornig to ask for
a sample of their magic stuff, unfortunately couldn't reach
anybody. I'll try again later.
The clontech rep offered a free sample, but I think the
sensivity thing from Ambion is much more interesting than
clontech's Quickhyb, at least for me.

So long
Ricky

Frederik Boernke