His-tag and Western blot

Mr. G. Anil Kumar mam at cge.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Oct 8 10:56:45 EST 1999

 Dear Dr. Uday,

I have seen your question in the net regarding your His-tag question and
the answer is yes. If my memroy is right, western detect as low as 3-4
histidine residue tag. Anti-his antibody is available from quagen and
other company. Quagen is good. Why I was interested in giving this answer
was to know whether you have antihis antibody in your lab. If you have,
please, mail me or call me such that I could get some from you.

good luck

with warm regards

anil
IIsc

G.ANILKUMAR
MICROBIOLOGY AND CELL BIOLOGY
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE
BANGALORE 560 012
INDIA.
Tel.0091-080-3092344
Fax. 0091-080-3444697

On 8 Oct 1999, Ranga Uday Kumar wrote:

>     Could any body give me a protocol to detect protein expression in E.
> coli
> using Histidine tag by western blot? Can His-tag be used for western
> blot?
> We are in a situation that only His-tag is available for the detection
> of
> our protein. Thank you.

---