RNA isolation from tomato roots

David Meyer meyerdrdj at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 17:45:52 EST 1999

I once isolated a bucketload of great quality RNA from dirty (I mean they
actually still had a lot of dirt on them even after washing!) tomato roots
by first posdering in LN2, then proceeding with a standard AGPC (Chomzynski)
prep in which I had increased [GuSCN] to 5M. Unlike preps from a lot of
other tomato tissues with this method, this one had very little CHO
contamination.

Hope this helps,

David J. Meyer, Ph.D. (UCDavis, Mann Laboratory, Dept of Veg. Crops at the
time)
news:005c01bf0fc2$677bc560$4cea7b81 at nameserver.sfu.ca...