error prone PCR

Esbjorn Fiers esfie at gengenp.rug.ac.be
Mon Oct 11 06:23:32 EST 1999

I would like to perform an error prone PCR reaction for a random
mutagenesis study. Can anybody inform me of a good protocol and
especially of a source for a good polymerase for this kind of reaction.

Another question, other subject: to do a site-directed mutagenesis by
PCR, how many bases should be inserted after the mutation to prevent
mismatch repair by Vent-polymerase? or should I better use another
polymerase?

Thanks in advance!

Esbjorn Fiers

Esbjorn Fiers
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:esfie at gengenp.rug.ac.be        http://www.plantgenetics.rug.ac.be