TOPP1 E.coli strain for protein expression

Alexandre Blais Alexandre.Blais at crchul.ulaval.ca
Mon Oct 11 11:35:37 EST 1999

Hi

I am trying to overexpress a recombinant protein in E.coli. Someone told
me about E.coli strains Topp1, Topp 2, etc  to Topp6 (or even  more). Do
you know anything about those strains. All I have is the information
supplied by Stratagene for Topp1, 2 and 3, and they only give
information about antibiotics resistance. I would like to know what are
the proteases, chaperones, etc... that they lack. What are the
differences between those strains and others(eg BL21) used for protein
production.

Thanks a lot for any hint,

Alexandre Blais
Centre de Recherche du CHUL