Partial RE digestion - EtBr method...

Chris Jones & Deirdre Sumpter 4cjjones at delanet.com
Tue Oct 12 19:02:45 EST 1999

In article <SIMEON.9910061339.A at pclabsetup.lawrence.edu>,
christopher.a.brodale at lawrence.edu wrote:

>         What exactly is the EtBr method and/or where can I
> locate a general EtBr partial RE digestion protocol?

You're probably thinking of the one described in PNAS (I think) quite a
few years ago now; the authors' names escape me, but I think one was
"Fred" something. Anyway, the idea is that you incubate your digest with
EtBr in the mix. As the enzyme cuts the DNA, the EtBr can slip in and
intercalate, preventing further cleavages. You have to run the reaction at
several different concentrations to optimize it, but it's not difficult.

Chris Jones

--
To reply, please remove the initial digit from our address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!