PCR anomaly

A.F. Simpson AFS7 at le.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 18:12:28 EST 1999

Mark Edward Bowen wrote:

> Replacing most components is not difficult or all that costly, but
> surely one doesn't have to destroy the primers.  There must be a way
> to "reclaim" them.  Either phenol/CHCl3/EtOH or adding RNase should be
> able to clean them of any contaminant.  Does anyone have a protocol
> for rescuing suspect primers?

There are some suggestions for cleaning up primers from this group
summarised in one of Paul Hengen's columns:

http://www-lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/papers/TIBS/feb94.html

However, with the current low price of primers I would be reluctant to
spend too much of my time trying to reclaim them, unless they had
expensive modifications.

love
Anna