Protein precip. from Guanidine

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Wed Oct 13 10:51:58 EST 1999

In article <7u21ch$li6$1 at>,
  Kresten <kresten at> wrote:

> The protein denatures around 5M Guanidine so I do not think it can be
> substituted by urea although I haven't specifically tested this.

Do you mean under or over 5 M Guaninidine?

> I've also tested denaturing in 5% SDS and subsequent TCA prec. in a 4x
> diluted (that is 1.25% SDS) sample. No pellet. Hmm.
> Perhaps I should try to load directly on the gel.

Let us know if that works. With that much salt, I betcha it won't even
run into the gel.

A home-made spin column (G-25 or G-50, e.g.) seems as fast and easy as

| Nick Theodorakis                              |
| nicholas_theodorakis at       |
| (previously theodorn at    |

Sent via
Before you buy.