Western Blot recycling

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Oct 15 11:36:25 EST 1999

"D.Schnapp" <D.Schnapp at qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
> Chemicon has just sent me info about their new Western blot recycling kit,
> apparently a stripping buffer without mercaptoethanol that works at room
> temperature. Of course, the thing costs a fortune, so I wonder on which
> protocol this stuff is based.

Possibly the usual 100 mM glycine pH 2.5 stuff. Works for most, but not
all antibodies. See the booklet of the ECL kit or the antibody book for
details. Basically, you soak your blot in 100 mM glycine pH 2.5 (or lower?)
for some time and then wash extensively with PBS. In my hands, heating
in bME works better, though.

--Cornelius.